Sunday, December 14, 2008

Defraggler

Causeiambetta pointed me to a defragging software called Defraggler. I don't defrag often and the Windows native defragger shows me a mass of raw meat when I request an analysis. This is before AND after the MS defrag. I'm behind the times with computers, but I knew enough to know that this was no good.

So I down loaded Defraggler along with Ncleaner. Ncleaner did its job cleaning up junk files that have lingered around for years. However, it balked at going through my registry. I don't blame it. I don't like to go their either. Defraggler fought a long and hard battle against the tangled forest that is my 40 GB hard drive (it was pretty big when I bought it).

There were 160k+ framented files. At the end of the five hour struggle, there were only 12-14, depending on which defragmenter was asked. Well fought, Defraggler.

No comments: