Monday, May 4, 2009

Paying da billz

I have one active credit card, and I always pay off my balance every month. After all, idle plastic is the Devil's new playground. Every time I open the bill, I try to recall what each charge is. Such as a charge to Right Stuf: Dai Guard and the Monster & Swan mangas. Or Amazon: Remember the Kangi I. Lunch at Van Allen's farm: Pork sandwich, Chicken Salad, chips & iced tea. I remember this, not completely b/c I'm OCD, but because I split the cost & food with a comely coworker.

Even though plastic looks like funny money, it's still a real outlay. If I don't remember the nature of the charge then it either wasn't a good purchase or, worse yet, the spending was more important than the purchase. That sounds strange, but it's the impetus behind impulse buys.

This month was a shock-ah in terms of size (new tires), but I remembered every charge, so I won that game this time around.

No comments: