Thursday, July 16, 2009

Aoi Hana the Animation

I've seen episode 1 via crunchyroll, and it's a beauty. The character designs are a bit more grown up and detailed than most of Shimura's frames, but they manage to convey the characters and their atmospheres. The color palette combines liveliness, soft shades, and incredibly detailed lighting (like the dapples on Akira's skirt) to lend itself to the subtle layers of character growth and emotion that is the author's staple.

The animation style feels like a favorable recombination of Shinkai's background & the raging melodrama "Bokura ga Ita". I'm a fan. Onto episode 2!

I've been in an otaku-cave. Oofuri has been out in the US and I've only recently noticed. Also Kannagi has just been released. I'm just catching up with Clannad. I think that the lack of space has been slowing down my anime collection. Also, the unwatched series have piled up. Being an otaku can be demanding.

No comments: