Thursday, July 16, 2009

Ranma the Trouble-maker

After a long, long time, I finally got a season of the Ranma DVDs. They were $25 per season through Right Stuf. The episodes were just as funny as I remember. Just about the time, they introduced Shampoo, the series dropped most of its pretense of continuity and serious and began it's descent into slap-stick harem-dom. It's been a walk down memory lane, and it was as good as ever.

This morning, I wanted to burn a music CD for my commute, when the boxset took a flying front flip and crashed right into my open CD-R drive. I've had that drive for 4 years and haven't had trouble with it. Now it's dead. The caddy won't close. However, the DVD ROM (read only) opens and closes again, though now it won't read anything. Down from 1.5 drives to zero. Sigh. Ranma, what a trouble-maker.

I'm not too upset, though since it was time for an upgrade to a DVD-R drive. Also, I've got Yawara, the series that beat Ranma to its knees when they both first aired in Japan. It's the blood-bout, now across the Pacific!

No comments: